Tuesday, February 5, 2013

S201-205 Homework: Sometimes Tom feels lonely

You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen-friend Tom who writes:
The Harris family, Bloomfield, NM
... Sometimes I feel lonely because I am an only child. I often wonder what it would be like to have a big family. How big is your family? What kinds of activities do you like to do together? Do you have a favourite relative whom you like to visit?
I've just come back from a fantastic trip to Scotland....
Write a letter to Tom. In your letter,
  • answer his questions
  • ask 3 questions about his trip to Scotland
Write 100-140 words. Remember the rules of letter-writing. Please send this to me or bring it to your next class.



Exercise adapted from Olga Afanasyeva, Virginia Evans, Victoria Kopylova, Practice Exam Papers for the Russian State Exam, 2010 Revised Edition, Moscow: Express Publishing/Prosveshchenie Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment