Thursday, January 30, 2014

Arcade Fire, "My Body Is a Cage"



Audio, Sarah Lov:   Amazon.com purchase link Arcade Fire Amazon.com purchase link Sarah Lov Amazon.com purchase link Peter Gabriel My Body Is a Cage, Arcade Fire (Jeremy Gara / Richard Parry / Régine Chassagne / Tim Kingsbury / William Butler / Win Butler ) (Other singers' versions differ slightly.) Chorus: My body is a cage That keeps me from dancing with the one I love But my mind holds the key [x2] I’m standing on the stage Of fear and self-doubt It’s a hollow play But they’ll clap anyway Chorus You’re standing next to me My mind holds the key I’m living in an age That calls darkness light Though my language is dead Still the shapes fill my head I’m living in an age Whose name I don’t know Though the fear keeps me moving Still my heart beats so slow Chorus
You’re standing next to me
My mind holds the key
My body is a...

My body is a cage
We take what we’re given
Just because you’ve forgotten,
That don’t mean you’re forgiven

I’m living in an age
That screams my name at night
But when I get to the doorway
There’s no one in sight

I’m living in an age
They laugh and I’m dancing
With the one I love
But my mind holds the key

You’re still next to me
My mind holds the key

Set my spirit free [x2]
Set my body free [x2]
...

No comments:

Post a Comment